Percy’s Fish Cookery Workshops
Deliciously cooked fish from sea to plate in a matter of hours...
Phone 01409 211236 for details.
Enjoy an intensive fish cookery experience spread over 2 days with Tina Bricknell-Webb, internationally renowned chef at Percy’s Country Hotel and Restaurant.
Why you should attend
Tina, Devon’s top female chef and past finalist of ITV’s Chef of the year has almost 20 years of experience. Her fish cookery workshop will introduce you to a straightforward way of preparing seafood in a few easy steps. Tina has lived and worked in Devon for most of her life and has developed a vast knowledge of preparing seafood at its best.
Percy’s own their own license to buy fish at the daily auctions in the nearby port of Looe. For those interested, the fish workshop includes an (optional) early morning visit to the fish market where you will:
- Learn how to buy the best fish
- Learn how to recognise if a fish is fresh by look and smel
- Have fun watching the fish being auctioned
Each landing on any given day is different and Percy’s purchase what is best and in season.
During the course you will gain knowledge on how to prepare fish dishes in a simple way and turn each dish into a delicious meal. Tina will show you a number of dishes impressive and delicious enough for any dinner party.
What does the course cover?
- How to purchase fresh fish
- Demonstrations on how to scale, gut, fillet, pin bone and skin fish
- Preparation techniques on how to shuck scallops & prepare squid
- Cooking techniques including steaming, roasting, grilling, pan-frying, baking with pastry, fish pie and gravad mackerel
- How to cook perfect squid and scallops
- How to make fish chowder
- How to make simple sauces to accompanying the dishes
Make a break of it
Percy’s Country Hotel and Restaurant is situated in 130 acres of tranquil Devonshire beauty within easy reach of some of the finest attractions and country gardens Devon and Cornwall has to offer. Why not take away the stresses and strains of modern life with an extended stay at this oasis of calm.
The cost of the two morning workshop is £195 per person, including a light lunch on both days.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for cooks of all ages and expertise. Take this opportunity to learn from an expert, ask questions in a live environment and get hands-on experience from mixing with a like-minded group of your peers.
Phone: 01409 211236
Book here for Tina's fish cookery workshop