PERCY'S AWARDS INCLUDE:
- Harden’s U.K.Restaurant Guide: One of the most notable places to eat in the U.K.
- Taste of the West Awards Gold Award for Restaurant
- Taste of the West Awards Gold Award for Organic Lamb
- Taste of the West Awards Silver Award for Organic Bacon and Sausages
- Taste of the West Award – overall winner for Organic Lamb in the South West
- Taste of the West Award – Gold for Hotel Accommodation.
- RAC Blue Ribbon Award.
- Excellence in England Awards Small Hotel of the Year for the Westcountry.
- AA Cooking Awards Two Rosettes.
- Devon Environmental Business Initiative Runner up in the Conservation category.
Percy's Good Food Guide entry 2013
Excellent cooking in an alluring setting
Cooking Score 4
Lauded as the 'place to get away from it all', the Bricknell-Webb's Devon retreat has been chugging along personably for almost two decades. Visitors love everything about it, from the extensive estate populated by horses, sheep, pigs and dogs to the old house where wood-burning stoves add wamth to the atmosphere. Local ingredients power Tina Bricknell-Webb's kitchen - many of them provided by the estate. These are worked into fixed-price, limited choice menus that change daily. Wild mushroom and pork liver parfaait with sage toast, marrow, bean and onion chutney, and fillet of cod in tarragon and spring onion batter are typical of the plain-speaking style. Meat choice is often home-reared organic lamb, cooked pink and served with rosemary jus. Desserts are spot-on, and might feature white chocolate and cardamom pannancotta with mixed berries and blackcurrant coulis. Tony Bricknell-Webb can be relied upon to supply just the right bottle of wine (from £20).